Annons:
Tagnews
Read 1660 times
Leia
2018-02-23 21:51

Kylie Jenner cost snapchat £1billion by a tweet

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

"The reality TV star Kylie Jenner wiped $1.3bn (£1bn) off Snap's stock market value after tweeting that she no longer used it's Snapchat messaging app."

"Analysis: Rory Cellan-Jones, Technology Correspondent says:

The market just doesn't know what to think of Snap or its Snapchat service. It is either the future of communication - or a social media fad that will last not much longer than one of the messages its army of young users sends. 

And that makes a share price which has mostly been built on a very optimistic view of future growth extremely volatile.

Earlier this month it soared by nearly 50% on results that were marginally better than expected - now they've taken a minor tumble because a reality star says the new design is "so sad"."

- BBC News, Feb 23, 2018.

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Annons:
Leia
2018-02-23 21:53

I can't get over how one tweet can costs a company so much money. I personally use snapchat every day and don't see it going anywhere in the near future, despite the terrible update. What does everyone else think?

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Evelina
2018-02-23 21:56

I think that is crazy, that she has so much influence. However, I do not use snapchat and lost any will to use it after the numerous incidents with people dying in car crashes as a result of their Mph filter that people used to snap while driving.

jordan
2018-02-24 16:38

I'm also not a fan of the new update, why change what wasn't broken? I find it unbelievable when I see how much of an impact a celebrity can have on something, I don't think I would stop using something based on what someone else has said.

Scroll to top
Annons: