Annons:
Taggeneral
Read 1978 times
Niklas
2018-03-05 16:22

70 % of captive gorillas die of heart disease

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

”Roughly 70 percent of adult male gorillas in North America have heart disease, and often die prematurely as a result. Other great apes, such as orangutans and chimpanzees, suffer at similar rates.”

It seems the problem is in their guts. Read more at The Atlantic:

Something Mysterious Is Killing Captive Gorillas

unsplash-logoRob Schreckhise

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Annons:
Leia
2018-03-05 17:38

This is so sadSad

What is everyone's opinions on Zoos?

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Evelina
2018-03-05 18:01

So sad! Crying

I have a mixed opinion on zoos! I think they can be good for animals that are injured and need Help getting better, or are not able to live in the wild. What about you?

Niklas
2018-03-05 19:19

I think it’s good for saving some endangered species. At the same time it often is bad because of how they are treated at many zoos.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Tammie
2018-03-06 07:58

I think it is great for injured animals and it is important that we learn all we can from them so that we can try to keep species from going extinct.

Happy creating!

Tammie

Host of Paints and Crafts

Leia
2018-03-06 14:24

I love visiting zoos and I appreciate that they adopt and save animals from both extinction and awful conditions. Despite this in December, a blaze at London zoo killed an aardvark and four meerkats, then just 10 days later a fire at Woburn safari park in Bedfordshire killed 13 monkeys. I think it is safe to say that these animals died at the hands of human intervention.

It’s a tricky one, does the pros out weigh the cost?

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Scroll to top
Annons: