Annons:
Tagnews
Read 1950 times
Leia
2018-03-09 20:34

Banning the sale of energy drinks to under-16s

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

I heard that back at home in the UK, "people buying drinks with over 150mg of caffeine per litre will be asked to provide proof of age" from this Monday. 

"Sales of energy drinks to children under 16 will be banned by most major UK supermarkets from Monday, following concerns about their high levels of sugar and caffeine and impact on health and behaviour. The high street chemist Boots is the latest retailer – and the only non-supermarket – to announce a ban, following the lead of a voluntary restriction taken by Waitrose in January.

In January, Theresa May promised to look into the dangers of the drinks after the death of Justin Bartholomew, 25, who took his own life after regularly drinking 15 cans a day. His family believe that the energy drinks heightened his anxiety and helped contribute to his death."

- Rebecca Smithers, The Guardian.

What do you make of this? Should other countries follow?

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Annons:
jordan
2018-03-09 23:04

Overall I think it is a good choice. I used to drink  a lot of these when I was under 16, and eventually was pretty hooked on them, but stopped after realising how bad they are for your health if not careful.

Scroll to top
Annons: