Annons:
Taginternational
Read 2506 times
Niklas
2018-04-02 10:49

World Autism Awareness Day April 2nd

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

”World Autism Acceptance Day is an internationally recognised day on 2 April every year, encouraging Member States of the United Nations to take measures to raise acceptance about people with autism throughout the world.”

Asperger is part if the autism spectrum. Do you know anyone who has autism?

World Autism Awareness Day

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Annons:
Tealover
2018-04-02 11:29

Yes, me, my cousin and a childhood friend And my whole family is odd, we use to joke that we have the whole alphabet (does that joke work in English?) But then were all creative and/or entreprenour too. And I bet that we wouldn't be that Creative if we were "normal"

Teanerd who loves tea so much that i started a tea shop www.tealovers.se!
Host of Tea savvity and the swedish version Te ifokus
Follow me on Facebook and instagram

Evelina
2018-04-02 11:50

My first job was at a restaurant when I was 16, and a coworker of mine had autism. I think it deserves more awareness. He is a very nice and smart guy but was often picked on because he would get jumpy if someone touched him, coworkers would do it on purpose just to laugh 😥

Niklas
2018-04-02 12:37

Not liking being touched is very common among people with autism, or liking to be touched in odd ways. Like instead of a hug press hard against an elbow or a head.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Evelina
2018-04-02 13:28

#3 good point, everyone is different! That’s what makes the world so interesting 😊

Jenny
2018-04-02 18:22

#3 I actually don't dislike being touched, but I am very selective about by whom.  I usually say that I don't like being touched though since people don't understand and instead have their feelings hurt when I don't want to be touched.

-

I wish people would not touch me when I have said no. But the norm is to touch others, so there is no need to respect someone who isn't within the norm. Some days I feel very stressed and exhausted because too many people have been touching me.

Leia
2018-04-04 14:49

I used to babysit a number of children with autism, I also was a sports coach for older adults with autism and people with other mental/physical disabilities. 

'The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time' is a great book about how someone with Asperger’s syndrome may think. I think its really important to gain an understanding of how other people minds work.

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Annons:
Niklas
2018-04-04 14:53

#6: Interesting!

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Leia
2018-04-15 20:02
Image 1. Click to open in original size.

A shopping centre near my hometime is dedicating a day and new sensory space designed with autism in mind. 

Organisers say the centre will be virtually empty, allowing the children to feel more comfortable and experience different environments where lighting and music will be turned down.

See the sensory zone here:

https://www.meadowhall.co.uk/news-events/wellbeing/meadowhall-sensory-zone-autismawareness#F7vi8CcD5kRkZAWU.97

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Niklas
2018-04-15 20:27

Good initiative. I wonder how it was perceived.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Scroll to top
Annons: