Annons:
Tag:ย europe
Read 2839 times
Evelina
2018-04-02 19:00

Stockholm - Sexual assault near University subway

A sexual assault (suspected rape) occurred near the Stockholm University subway station. This happened on Easter Day during the day at around 3pm. The suspect has not been found. 

The article is in Swedish here: https://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/a/G1qyz6/ny-misstankt-utomhusvaldtakt-i-stockholm.

Living in Lappis which is the student housing next to Stockholm University, many students walk to and from Lappis to the metro station (about a 10 minute walk). I've personally never felt threatened and Sweden is generally safe but you can not be too sure about anything. For this to happen in the middle of the day, and  in broad day light is even more alarming. ๐Ÿ˜ก

From now on, I will be taking the bus to the subway if I am alone. I will also be dragging my boyfriend to take self defence classes with me.

Annons:
Tammie
2018-04-03 04:15

Very concerning, self defense classes are a great idea!

Happy creating!

Tammie

Host of Paints and Crafts

Tealover
2018-04-03 19:42

#1 I have to disagree. Self defense classes can backfire unless you go atleast once a week or better still, once a day.

Self defense classes can giva a false security, you think you know how to defend yourself but in order to actually defend yourself you need hours and hours of training. 

It's better to go some form of martial art like full contact karate, krav maga or something like that.

Sure you can go self defense classes too, but not as your only self defense training.

Teanerd who loves tea so much that i started a tea shop www.tealovers.se!
Host of Tea savvity and the swedish version Te ifokus
Follow me on Facebook and instagram

Evelina
2018-04-03 20:39

#2 Krav maga offers students a course which requires at least two weekends of training. I think that is the one I am going to do, and they have more classes after that, its just quite expensive

Niklas
2018-04-04 10:27

How much does it cost?

Best regards, Niklas ๐ŸŽˆ

Leia
2018-04-04 14:57

This is truly awful, thankfully it was a single incident. In Fallowfield, the student area of Manchester, sexual assault is very common and is one of the worst areas for it in the UK. 

https://thetab.com/uk/manchester/2016/09/19/sexual-assault-map-shows-bad-things-got-fallowfield-22575

This link shows how bad the situation was in 2016 through a heat map, two years on and things have only gotten worst.

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Niklas
2018-04-04 15:29

Another project of ours aims to make neighborhoods safer and let people know each other better at the same time. In this video, a man slips on an icy spot and is hurt. He then sends out an alarm from within our app. It is immediately sent out to the phones of all members of his group. Along with the message is a map showing exactly where he was when he sent the call for Help so they can quickly get there to Help him. You can learn more at www.carehood.com or, if you are from Sweden, www.carehood.se.

Annons:
Leia
2018-04-04 15:31

How many people have this app? Is it effective?

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Niklas
2018-04-04 15:44

2,176 people use the app. I think it is effective and use it for my neighborhood. If your pet gets lost you can send out a photo to all your neighbors and hopefully, someone has seen it. Or if something gets stolen you can quickly inform your neighborhood. It can, of course, be used for other things. If you need to borrow a tool or want to give away fruits and berries in your garden, your neighbors can be your first place to look.

Evelina
2018-04-04 18:06

There were three incidents actually which the police think are linked to the same suspect since they all happened during the middle of the day.

Scroll to top
Annons:
ย