Annons:
Tag:ย news
Read 3782 times
Tammie
2018-04-11 17:29

What You Don't Know About How Facebook Uses Your I

What you don't know about how Facebook uses your data. 

Story from the New York Times Article by Natasha Singer

The EU has been more diligent about keeping private information private. I hope the US pulls there head out of the sand and protects people in the US as well as the EU is. I prefer that they do even better.

Happy creating!

Tammie

Host of Paints and Crafts

Annons:
Niklas
2018-04-11 17:39

I think the US is more focused on listening in on a few bad people than on protecting privacy of the masses. At least rhetorically.

Best regards, Niklas ๐ŸŽˆ

Evelina
2018-04-11 18:17

Yes, the new GDPR law in the EU is huge! If only the US could do something similiar. I am writing my dissertation about privacy issues so i've been doing research on the issue and the companies just have too much power to  influence  the laws and government, unfortunately.

Niklas
2018-04-11 21:42

Are you writing about privacy issues in general or in the US?

Evelina
2018-04-11 21:51
Niklas
2018-04-11 21:53

Okay.

Leia
2018-04-14 15:17

It is scary to think but it doesn't stop me using facebook, what about everyone else?

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Annons:
Tammie
2018-04-15 07:47

Part of me wants to quit using it.  However, it is a great way to keep in contact with people that I don't live near, especially my Daughter!

Happy creating!

Tammie

Host of Paints and Crafts

Niklas
2018-04-15 08:23

When I used Facebook more it was to keep track of my family, relatives, and friends. Nowadays I use Telegram for all that. I have one group of my parents, siblings, their families, my cousins and aunts and all their families. Compared to Facebook they all share more of their lives now since they know exactly who can see it. To date, I think we have shared about 7000 photos and videos from daily life and travels in one of the groups. Even though we have always been close, this enables us to take part in each other's daily lives in a completely different way. The youngest members are pre-teens and the oldest in their 70s. I also have groups for friends and projects. It's perfect for organizing things. And completely ad-free, cost-free and encrypted. Facebook I use to keep track of friends and former co-workers that I don't socialize with and people I rarely see. http://telegram.org

Scroll to top
Annons:
ย