Annons:
Taggeneral
Read 2030 times
Leia
2018-04-18 19:23

Autistic teen's Lego Titanic replica on display

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

A 26ft-long (8m) Lego cube model of the Titanic built by an autistic boy from Iceland has been premiered at a Tennessee museum. Brynjar Karl Birgisson, 15, used actual blueprints of the doomed ship to decide how many Lego bricks it would require.The massive model ship took him over 700 hours and more than 65,000 Lego bricks to assemble. 

Mr Birgisson says the model, which has travelled across Europe, helped him with his condition.  "It took me over 11 months to build the model and 120 tubes of crazy glue were used in the process," the teenager told the museum in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee, where his model is being exhibited. "The whole journey has helped me out of my autistic fog," said Mr Birgisson, who built the ship when he was 10 years old. 

The teenager has spent the last five years touring with the replica in Norway, Sweden, and Germany and has given press interviews along the way. He told the museum he was painfully shy and rarely spoke when his project began."I was totally unable to communicate when I started the project. Now I'm standing on stage and giving interviews.

-BBC News

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Annons:
Niklas
2018-04-18 19:51

That is Crazy. It is about the length of a family cruiser (10 meters). :-)

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Tammie
2018-04-18 22:21

That is awesome! I wonder if he worked on portions at a time in his living room and then put the pieces together.

Happy creating!

Tammie

Host of Paints and Crafts

Scroll to top
Annons: