Annons:
Tagtechnology
Read 2173 times
Niklas
2018-05-11 17:48

Secrets you didn’t know photo copiers saves

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

Did you know this?

”Nearly every digital copier built since 2002 contains a hard drive - like the one on your personal computer - storing an image of every document copied, scanned, or emailed by the machine.”

Digital Photocopiers Loaded With Secrets - CBS News

(Photo by Craig Whitehead at Unsplash)

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Annons:
Leia
2018-05-12 20:01

Damn, that's a scary thought! I know that when you throw away an old laptop/computer there's a certain part you are meant to destroy so people can't get hold of your information. I've never thought to do this for my scanners Horrified

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Niklas
2018-05-13 08:47

Yes, you should destroy the hard drive or SSD before you throw away an old computer unless you know how to make sure everything is deleted. The extra scary thing with a photocopier is that what you have copied is stored as images and therefore are very easy to recover.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

jordan
2018-05-16 21:24

While it is a scary thought, would someone knowingly be able to get these files off of a copier? I mean if it isn't known to many that the files even exist I doubt that many would have the know how to actually extract them.

[Joab]
2018-05-28 18:48

What is the purpose? Is it to track how the copier is used, in the same as we are sometimes asked if we agree to send anonymous user data in apps etc?

Niklas
2018-05-28 20:34

I have no idea. Whatever purpose it seems that it would be fair to write in bold letters on a sticker what it does.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Scroll to top
Annons: