News

Eurovision 2018

2018-05-12 19:21 #0 by: Leia

The moment you've all been waiting for is here: Saturday's Eurovision grand final. The excitement has been building all week in Lisbon, as have the number of crazy outfits and national flags. You'll know already that Cyprus is the odds-on favourite to win this year's competition.

The BBC have listed 7 things you should be looking out for here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-44093468

I have just tuned in! Are you watching? What are your thoughts so far?

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

2018-05-13 07:07 #1 by: Niklas

I'm not sure, but this may be this year's winner.

I did not see the final. Swedish television has ruined it by making it an event that spans the whole spring with lots of regional competitions, semi-finals, and national finals. When the European final comes up, you are already exhausted.

Best regards, Niklas

Host of Crypto Currencies | How to... | iPad for Work | Mobile Photography

2018-05-13 19:09 #2 by: Leia

#1 You should be a betting man! You were spot on with that guess. I personally really liked Israel and the Czech Republic!!

All the best, Leia

2018-05-13 19:43 #3 by: jordan

#1 Good call Niklas! It was looking so good for Sweden, until the popular vote Crying

2018-05-14 09:16 #4 by: Leia

#3 I wish sweden had won, would have been another excuse to go back!!

All the best, Leia

2018-05-14 18:58 #5 by: jordan

#4 At least Benjamin took it in high spirits himself Laughing out loud I would love to attend a Eurovision one day, shame it is ridiculously expensive.

2018-05-14 20:11 #6 by: Evelina

I dont follow Eurovision, but my friend was over at my place the other night and I heard Sweden. He sounded like a mix of Justin B and Justin Timberlake Laughing out loud

There is anohter comment in this discussion. It is, however, only visible for logged in members. To read the comment, log in or register to become a member.