Annons:
Tageurope
Read 2186 times
Evelina
2018-05-30 12:30

Ireland lifts abortion ban

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

“Free, safe and legal.” That was the slogan for the Abortion Rights Campaign launched by Irish women in 2012 that led to a historic, landslide vote Friday to liberalize the country’s highly restrictive abortion laws. Two-thirds of those who went to the polls voted yes on a referendum to repeal the Eighth Amendment of Ireland’s constitution, which was added in 1983 to give equal rights to a woman and an unborn child. By voting yes, supporters also backed legislation, which must still be introduced, to allow women to seek an abortion during the first 12 weeks of their pregnancy. The referendum was sparked, in part, by the high-profile death of Indian dentist Savita Halappanavar, who suffered a miscarriage in an Irish hospital in 2012. Doctors refused her repeated requests for an abortion, because they could detect a fetal heartbeat, and she contracted a fatal infection." 

- Democracy Now!

Annons:
Niklas
2018-05-30 13:46

Good for them!

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Evelina
2018-05-30 13:52

Yes a positive movement for women’s right everywhere too!

Maddie
2018-05-30 14:44

Partying

Leia
2018-05-30 16:00

Great news!!

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Granja Del Toro
2018-05-30 18:00

Unfortunately I am against abortion rights simply for the fact abortion has started to bee misused as contraceptive. People needs to learn to use condoms or p-pills. And those who get raped should bee granted abortion, but no later than 8 weeks. And those who are sick and being pregnant and is a risk of death.  NOT other wise. I am sick and tired of seeing women using abortion as a contraceptive, instead of using condoms or p-pills. And better yet STOP SEX AROUND HERE AND THERE and if you MUST SEX AROUND HERE AND THERE WITH WHOM EVER, USE CONDOM OR P-PILLS for HEAVENS SAKE! Abortions are not contraceptive.  Millions of couples can  not even get children.  Would it not bee better they full fill the pregnancy, and learn their lesson, and give the child to adoptive parents when it is born, to those that have tried SEVERAL YEARS to get CHILDREN but CAN NOT!!!? So yep I am so against abortion rights, simply because it will ONLY get MISUSED as a Contraceptive, like so many other places. 😡Crying

Niklas
2018-05-30 18:43

#5: Isn’t there already a surplus of children without parents in the world?

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Annons:
Maddie
2018-05-31 10:38

#5 Condoms break, pills don't always work.

And when should a raped woman be able to do an abortion? If the man is convicted? Do you know how many rapists go free? Will the woman then be forced to raise the child?

I am really sorry if you can't have children, it must be really though. But some other woman should not be forced to go through a pragnancy and childbirth and then give their baby to you, just because they had eaten som bad chicken one thay that made their contraceptive ineffective.

There are currently about 153 million orphans in the world, but I know adoptions is hard. But then maybe thats the law you should be focusing on changing?

Scroll to top
Annons: