Annons:
Tagus-news
Read 3378 times
Evelina
2018-09-14 12:19

Edward Snowden Netflix Movie

"Snowden, the politically-charged, pulse-pounding thriller starring Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Shailene Woodley, reveals the incredible untold personal story of Edward Snowden, the polarizing figure who exposed shocking illegal surveillance activities by the NSA and became one of the most wanted men in the world. He is considered a hero by some, and a traitor by others. No matter which you believe, the epic story of why he did it, who he left behind, and how he pulled it off makes for one of the most compelling films of the year." 

This movie is a dramatisation of true events that happened from 2004-2013. 

Where does this former whistleblower reside now?

He was granted asylum in Russia in 2013. This was after his flight from the US when he made public the NSA's widespread undeclared surveillance. He faces three charges under the Espionage Act in the US, each of which carry a minimum of 10 years in jail. He has been granted permission to say in Russia until 2020. 

Watch on Netflix: Snowden (2016) 

Annons:
Evelina
2018-09-14 12:20

I haven't watched this yet, but I discovered it last night while looking around on Netflix. I am looking forward to watching it. Are you going to watch it?

Leia
2018-09-15 21:18

This looks really interesting, I've never even heard of the case before but I love Shailene Woodley,  so I will definitely give it watch if I find the time.

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

jordan
2018-09-16 01:57

He certainly is an interesting person, with an even more interesting story. I did find it a little surprising when I saw him on John Oliver's TV program though!

Niklas
2018-09-17 16:52

I like Edward Snowden. I will probably watch the movie, but was sad to see it only getting 7.3 on IMDB. I generally go for 8 and above. :-)

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Evelina
2018-09-17 20:17

#4 I think it was definitely worth a watch! I watched it over the weekend. It is quite long, almost 2 and a half hours long.

Evelina
2018-09-17 20:18

#4 I think I would have liked it better if it were actually a documentary rather than a dramatization of real events.

Annons:
Niklas
2018-09-18 11:12

Okay, I will watch it then. I liked the documentary that came in 2014. It’s called Citizenfour.

» Citizenfour (2014) - IMDb

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Niklas
2018-09-22 21:16

Now I’ve seen it. It was better than I expected. I thought Joseph Gordon-Levitt made a remarkably good version of Edward Snowden. Do you think NSA really stopped their mass-surveillance of Americans?

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Scroll to top
Annons: