Annons:
Tageurope
Read 1985 times
Leia
2018-12-14 20:46

Brexit ETIAS

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

"Britons will have to pay €7 (£6.30) every three years to travel to EU countries, as a consequence of Brexit. The European Commission has confirmed that while UK travellers will not need a visa, they will need to apply for and buy another document. It is called an ETIAS (European Travel Information and Authorisation System) and although not launched yet, is expected to come into force in 2021. The travel requirement is not just for the UK but for many non-EU countries."

Read more BBC News here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46564884

I'm personally gutted that the UK is leaving the EU but at least this ETIAS doesn't sound too bad, what do you think of these changes?

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Annons:
Niklas
2018-12-17 11:34

Does that include leisure and work travels? I too think it’s a pity you are leaving the EU. What were you thinking? 😉

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Leia
2018-12-17 16:22

#1 It's definitely for leisure, I don't know if it is for work from reading that article. It's a big mess!

All the best, Leia

jordan
2018-12-17 21:43

That seems to be if this current deal goes through. The UK is in some mess atm politically so who know's what will happen.

Niklas
2018-12-18 13:33

Do you think there will be another vote?

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

jordan
2018-12-18 23:59

To stay in the EU or not? I don't think so. I can only imagine how the public would react if they announced it, as it would essentially undermine the legitimacy of even having a vote in the first place, so it would be used as a reason to riot.

If you meant the EU agreement vote that was set to happen last week… Hopefully! Soon as well!

Niklas
2018-12-19 10:31

Okay. I meant another vote to confirm the will of the people now that they perhaps know more about what it will be like. The first vote was held without anyone knowing the implications.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Annons:
Leia
2018-12-19 22:32

#6 I wish there was another vote but I highly doubt there would ever be one!

All the best, Leia

jordan
2018-12-20 23:45

It's a difficult scenario, that's for sure. The current government will have to be extra careful with any action they take now.

Scroll to top
Annons: