Annons:
Tagnews
Read 2218 times
jordan
2019-01-09 23:05

Second defeat in 24 hours for British Government

There has been another defeat for British PM Theresa May in the House of Commons, as the struggle to agree to Brexit terms continues.

As a result, the Government will have to make new, revised plans for a possible Eu deal, as it is likely that the current one will be rejected in Parliament next week.

The sense of panic is certainly starting to rise now, given the fact that the UK as of now will be leaving the EU on March 29th.

Annons:
Evelina
2019-01-10 13:33

Interesting 😬

Max
2019-01-12 15:30

I think it has now been clarified  by the relevant EU institutions that the UK can unilaterally extend of cancel the Article 50 deadline which was always a rather fake deadline.  My sense is that there is now a multiparty majority of MPs who are  determined to prevent a  No Deal crash out of the EU.   The only real chance May has of getting her deal which almost noone  wants  through is if people are  seriously convinced that  there is  no viable  alternative.    My own vie is that eventually it will be  concluded that the  only viable  option is to get a clearer mandate  from the people in the form of a Second Referendum.   If this takes place demographics (younger people  are  strongly Remain and  older people  falling off the  voting register voted Leave  in  high numbers  should  move the vote a couple  of  percent closer.  Since the first referendum UKIP the  independence party has almost completely imploded, BoJo has been largely discredited and the complexities and  weak negotiating position surrounding braking  up  have  become  all  too  apparent.  Moreover the Refugee crisis of  immigration seems to have  got alot quieter so I would  have  thought a  Second Referendum may well vote to remain in the EU.  We  will see!!

jordan
2019-01-14 23:23

#2 Just today I have seen May try to reaffirm that that the March deadline will be met, however, considering how the rest of the process has been handled I'm fairly certain she will change her tone soon. 

I agree that now, a second referendum would probably lead to remain majority, especially with what the public now know about the situation. It is sad how badly the Brexit process has been dealt with in general by the government, but it is not too late to change.

Scroll to top
Annons: