Annons:
Taginternational
Read 2122 times
Evelina
2019-06-13 18:33

Thirsty Influencers Flock to Chernobyl in Pripyat

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

I had to share this article from the Daily Mail because whoever wrote it made me giggle! 

Specifically this line: "Thirsty influencers have flocked to the ferris wheel and made it a prime spot for their spicy photos." Laughing out loud

"Doing it for the GRAM! HBO's hit miniseries Chernobyl sends Instagram influencers flocking to Ukraine's irradiated exclusion zone, as tourism to the nuclear disaster site jumps by 40% since show's debut" - DailyMail.com

Annons:
Evelina
2019-06-13 18:41

Has anyone watched the series?  I watched a few episodes but never finished it.

jordan
2019-06-14 01:50

I was actually recommended it the other day! Apparently it has one of the highest IMDB scores of all time, so it seems like many people enjoy it!

I'm amazed that it can now be freely accessed and roamed, I remember a Top Gear episode where they were not allowed to leave their cars many years ago!

Evelina
2019-06-14 17:18

I watched a couple episodes and it’s good but I think a lot of it hype. I read a fact checking article about it and it stated that they did an amazing job with trying to historicize the story correctly and getting the info right. Although the dialogue is obviously embellished to a certain degree. Some of it isn’t though. I’m surprised to! I remember growing up and hearing about when I was a kid and I just thought it was the craziest thing and I really really wanted to go for some reason. I remember asking my brother if people are allowed to visit and he said no. I think I was like 7 or 8 at the time. So it must have been back in 1999 or 2000.

Leia
2019-06-14 18:49

I have seen a few people on my Facebook have been recently and I have had quite a few adds pop up for package flights and tours! It is such a unique destination, I reckon that has a big appeal in itself.

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Niklas
2019-06-17 11:37

I remember the years following the catastrophe. You couldn’t eat wild berries or meat from wild animals in northern Sweden because of the radiation from the radioactive fallout. As I remember it, we got news of heightened radiation levels in Sweden long before the Soviet admitted they were in trouble. I haven’t seen the HBO series. Not sure if it's for me.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Tammie
2019-07-20 21:54

One would think people would be afraid of going there!

Happy creating!

Tammie

Host of Paints and Crafts

Annons:
Scroll to top
Annons: