Annons:
Tagnews
Read 14509 times
jordan
2019-06-17 23:39

Heartwarming moment during Women's World Cup

A few days after what was the biggest victory margin in a women's World Cup game ever, the last thing on the Thailand teams mind was another drubbing, this time against Sweden.

However, in the 91st minute of the match, Thai captain Sung-Ngoen scored what  may go down as one of the most historic goals in their history, after all, it was the first time they had scored against a team higher than themselves in the world rankings.

You could also see what it meant to the team, as many of the coaching staff were reduced to tears, with many of the Swedish fans also applauding the goal. Their manager Nuengrutai Srathongvian had this to say:

"The goal made us laugh, made us smile and makes us happy. It was a difficult goal to score and, playing a great team like Sweden, it meant so much."

Have you been keeping up with the Womens World Cup? I feel like a lot more people are paying attention to Womens football in general nowadays, which will only benefit the scene.

Annons:
Niklas
2019-06-18 12:07

Sports at its best! It makes you smile no matter whom you are rooting for. 😀 I am not keeping up with either women’s or men’s football tournaments. Not unless there’s a final or something special happening. I heard on the radio the other day that the prize money for women’s World Cup football was something like a tenth of that of men’s ditto. That's ridiculous.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Leia
2019-06-18 14:17

How lovely! But I'm the same as Niklas, I don't follow any football!

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

jordan
2019-06-19 19:22

#1 Yeah I agree for the most part. Now would seem the ideal time for women's football to receive a push, given the increased interest from the World Cup.

Niklas
2019-06-20 09:44

Fun coincidence, I stumbled upon this yesterday:

» U.S. women's national soccer team generating more game revenue than men since 2015 - Axios

It’s a start.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

jordan
2019-06-21 20:40

#4 It's quite an odd phenomena to be honest. Millions upon millions have been thrust into the Men's MLS league, although it is their women that have the success both nationally and internationally. Maybe this shows that a grassroots approach is better?

Niklas
2019-06-22 07:20

Yes, perhaps!

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Annons:
Scroll to top
Annons: