Annons:
Tagnews
Read 2683 times
Niklas
2019-08-26 16:23

How to find the ”right” news

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

Nowadays, it's a tricky balance to avoid false news and still get a nuanced picture of the world around us. If you read stories in a feed from many sources, you risk getting fake news or news based on lies mixed with real news. If you pick only one news source that you know you can trust, you risk missing important stories from other news outlets or articles that gives another viewpoint of the same events. Both of which are important for you to get a good view of the world.

Have you thought of this? Have you taken measures to handle these issues?

(Photo by Bank Phrom at Unsplash)

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Annons:
Evelina
2019-08-26 16:52

I think it’s important to be critical i guess and realise that even trusted sources can have bad information.

Evelina
2019-08-26 16:56

When I was first researching information about the high speed rail development in the US, i came across a pattern in the rhetoric of news articles from various news sources. When I looked at the journalists and who they were associated with a realised that they had vested interests and tried to skew information about the various projects. Some of them even worked for news outlets that I even ”trust”.

jordan
2019-08-26 17:20

I had this thought fairly recently when browsing a local news website for my area. I don't know if it is as severe in other places, but the political bias is quite clear to see, I assume in order so that they cater to their target audience. It's particularly odd when it differs from the national discourse, so it worries me when reading the comments to find people that use local outlets exclusively.

Evelina
2019-08-26 18:16

#3 so true. I follow my hometown’s local newspaper on Facebook, where they post their articles and often there is a significant amount of bias. The comment section is very infortunate to read through 😕

Niklas
2019-08-27 10:31

Do you think there is a difference between large (global/national) and small (local/topical) outlets in this regard?

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Emo
2019-10-24 07:04

from #0:

"Have you thought of this? Have you taken measures to handle these issues?"

Of course!

My website: American version
Min hemsida: Svensk version

Annons:
Niklas
2019-10-24 11:23

#6: 🙂 What did you do?

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Emo
2019-10-26 10:13

#7 Read a lot of different sources. Even textes and program with propaganda can be useful to enlighten why some people do and act like they do.

Niklas
2019-10-29 13:37

👍🏻

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Evelina
2019-10-29 14:07

#8 that’s an interesting point Emo. It can be a good source of understanding of how a problem or topic is represented by different groups 😊

Emo
2019-10-29 16:40

#9 Niklas, do you know that you have a PM Winking

I like your answer in the thread. 🙂

#10 Thank you

Scroll to top
Annons: