Annons:
Tagnews
Read 2252 times
jordan
2019-08-30 18:51

Boris Johnson suspends Parliament

With the already revised Brexit deadline of 31st October, Prime Minister Boris Johnson has suspended Parliament in an attempt to push through a no-deal. The move means that MP's will now find it more difficult to play their role in the Brexit negotiations, which are set to ramp up in the next few weeks.

The news has not been received positively, and arguably has been made even worse by the fact that Johnson himself is un-elected. This has led to protests throughout the country, widespread criticism from political commentators, and even the claim that it is an "offense against the democratic process" from Speaker John Bercow.

As it has been said many times in the past 3 years, the Brexit circus continues…

Read more about what suspending Parliament actually does here.

Annons:
Niklas
2019-09-02 11:03

I am a bit surprised that people are surprised. Isn’t this what Boris Johnson would typically do? I would have thought so after everything I have read about him. Or perhaps they aren’t surprised, but angry that he does what he does. The Tories who elected him must have counted on him to do things like this. He isn’t exactly subtle. 🙂

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

jordan
2019-09-02 22:44

I think most were aware of his intentions with a no-deal Brexit, but rather the lengths that he seemingly wants to go to achieve it is rather… extreme?

Today there has been talk of ANOTHER general election, but personally I hope we don't have another so soon, as surely there will be some voter apathy after all that has happened.

Scroll to top
Annons: