Annons:
Tag:ย technology
Read 1218 times
Evelina
2020-10-22 11:16

DOJ files antitrust lawsuit against Google

I'm suprised that they didn't file this sooner.

Annons:
Niklas
2020-10-23 10:06

I think that to a great degree itโ€™s a question of tactics. DOJ must be very smart about how they do this. The department of justice has a budget of less than 400 million dollars yearly. Google has 17 billion dollars in cash. Google can bury the DOJ in legal work for the foreseeable future, I think. ๐Ÿ™‚ Big companies are so large now, that they have more power than most countries. In addition to that, they are multinational and can move assets anywhere to stay out of reach from governments. In the time it takes to settle a government lawsuit, the world changes so much that the results of the lawsuits probably will be mostly irrelevant. Iโ€™m hoping more for the EU to get somewhere with these four or five companies. Europe is less focused on capitalism, and more on humans, than the US. In America, corporations have always been valued higher than people. The tax percentages employees pay often are much higher than that of companies, and yet not everyone in America has social security and a salary they can live on.

Best regards, Niklas ๐ŸŽˆ

Evelina
2020-10-23 11:10

Yeah it is true that Google has so much power with the amount of money they make and ability to be relatively state-less. 

What do you mean by "Iโ€™m hoping more for the EU to get somewhere with these four or five companies?"

Do you think the EU can address the monopoly power of Google or the others better? I think so but I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to EU legal affairs. Laughing out loud

Niklas
2020-10-23 21:19

#2: I think EU is less scared of making laws that even out the playing field between corporations and individuals. For instance by taxing companies over a certain size by turnover rather than profits, since profits can be shipped somewhere else where taxes are lower or nonexistent. Margrethe Vestager has shown before that she isn't afraid of powerful companies. ๐Ÿ™‚

Best regards, Niklas ๐ŸŽˆ

Scroll to top
Annons:
ย